- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium nonstick, ovenproof skillet, cook the sausage and crushed red pepper, breaking up the meat, until browned, 7-10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a medium bowl.
- In the same skillet, add the bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked sausage and the butter; reserve the bowl.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and 1/2 t salt and pour into the skillet.
- Cook, scrambling the mixture, until almost set; top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Broil, leaving the oven door slightly open, until set in the center, about 5 minutes.