Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This frittata is a delicious low-carb breakfast or brunch. I prefer my fritattas cooked on top of the stove in a covered pan. If you prefer yours browned on top and a little fluffier, use an oven-proof skillet and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for the last few minutes of cooking.
- 6 ounces pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces muenster cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Place the eggs, cream, and water in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the egg mixture until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch non-stick skillet with a tightly-fitting lid.
- Add onion and bell pepper and sauté over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add crumbled sausage and cook for another minute or two.
- Distribute mixture evenly in pan and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the grated Muenster evenly over the eggs and pat down with a wooden spoon so cheese is completely covered by egg mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pan. Cook 25-30 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Remove from heat and let sit about 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Very nice recipe. I increased the sausage abit & cut the cheese. Substituted yogurt for the cream & brick cheese for the muenster. I liked that you cover & leave it to cook on low while you prepare other stuff & get ready to eat. It turned out very moist & fluffy, thanks for sharing.