1 hr 15 mins
Found in Quick & Simple Magazine. The total cost of this dish is under $1.00 per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet Italian sausage or 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian sausage links, cut crosswise into 1-inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes in puree
- 15 ounces tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1In a deep nonstick 12" skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 5 minute.
- 2Reduce heat to medium. Discard all but 2 T sausage fat. Add garlic, pepper and onion to sausage in skillet; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 10 minute Stir in whole tomatoes, tomato puree and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minute.
- 3Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 2 min less than cooking time recommended on label.
- 4Drain pasta and return to pot; stir in sausage mixture to coat. Add mozzarella and toss to combine. Transfer pasta mixture to an ungreased 9x13" baking dish and spread it out evenly; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered, until top browns and sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minute Let stand 10 min before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage-And-Pepper Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 814.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 24.4 g