This recipe is posted by request. I found it on the net with no name attached. Looks darn good!
Make and share this Sausage and Peach Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare pancake or bisquick mix with the milk.
- Turn into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup of the syrup and set aside.
- Halve the sausages cross wise-same for the peaches.
- Arrange the sausages and peaches on top of batter-ie.
- sausage, peach, sausage, peach.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes or so, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning heat oven to 350 degrees and cook casserole for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm syrup Syrup: In a medium saucepan whisk together sugar and cornstarch until no lumps remain.
- Turn heat to medium high, adding the reserved peach syrup, cooking to thick and bubbly.
- Stir in maple syrup and margarine.
- Serve warm.
Easy to make breakfast casserole! The tops of the sausages browned nicely, however the bottom of the sausages looked raw (even though they were cooked through). Next time, I will definitely brown my sausages before adding them to the casserole. Greasing the dish is a MUST...I forgot to do this and the casserole stuck to the dish. Another MUST is the peach syrup...this was delicious on the casserole.
I'll definately make this again. I cut it in half and baked in a 9 inch round pan with no troubles. Used Morning Star Farms vegetarian breakfast sausage patties. The syrup really makes it great! And it's so quick to throw together, When it said "prepare pancake mix with the milk" I wasn't sure if I should "prepare" it as per package instructions (which added eggs) or not. I didn't add them and I'm pretty sure that's right since it came out fine...just thought I'd mention it incase anyone else is confused. This is one I'm looking forward to serving company!
Easy and good recipe. I baked it all at once instead of the staged baking.