1/2 Photos of Sausage and Pasta Dinner
Hope Rock's Note:
A healthy take on Sausage and Pasta combined. I enjoy this on a cold night. This is Low in calories and on the budget as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces smoked turkey sausage (Precooked)
- 1 large leek (Chopped, Soaked and Cleaned)
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red pepper (Sliced 1-inch strips)
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups pasta (any type, al dente)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (freshly chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated parmesan)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (Thickening agent)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Begin by bringing a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. While waiting for the water to boil cut 4 oz of sausage into pieces, mince garlic and dice/clean the leeks; set aside.
- 2In a large skillet heat up garlic and leeks until tender. Stir in sausage pieces, chicken broth, & red peppers. Bring skillet to boil, reduce heat. Add spinach to the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- 3Keep an eye on the pasta, be sure not to over cook. Once pasta is cooked al dente, drain and use only 1 1/2 cups of the pasta. Save the rest of the pasta for another delicious dinner.
- 4To create the thickener.
- 5Take 1 tsp cornstarch and equal parts water in a small bowl or cup and stir until well combined. Pour the cornstarch mixture in with skillet and bring to a small boil until the liquid begins to thicken.
- 6Turn off the heat and allow to set for 3 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle 1 tsp black pepper over the sausage and spinach mixture and combine well.
- 8Split the sausage mixture in the skillet into 4 equal parts. Plate each serving & sprinkle fresh chopped basil and grated parmesan on top.
- 9FYI: The pepper does bring a bit of heat. If you're not a fan of spicy heat in a dish, simply omit the black pepper in the end or reduce the amount of pepper. If you prefer a more soupy style to this dish (which is just as good) simply omit the thickening agent.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Pasta Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 544.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 14.8 g