This is actually a recipe I came up with for the Weight Watcher's diet. It's a version of one of my favorite types of dishes at Italian restaurants. To keep the WW points at 7 per serving, you should stick to the brands I list, as they are the lowest calorie counts I could find. This recipe makes 7 servings at 7 points per serving. Careful with the pepper flakes--a little goes a long way! Note: the nutrition information listed on the side of the recipe is probably inaccurate; this really is 7 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 26 ounces lovera's spaghetti sauce (25 calories per serving)
- 16 ounces Ragu cheese sauce (Cheesy Parmesan & Mozzarella)
- 14 ounces healthy choice smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 1/4 ounces sliced black olives
- 12 ounces barilla plus pasta, such as elbows
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1Prepare pasta according to instructions on package.
- 2Saute mushrooms in non-stick skillet using Pam spray or equivalent. You'll probably have to do this in batches. Sprinkle a tiny pinch of nutmeg on the mushrooms while cooking.
- 3In another skillet, concurrently saute the sausage slices until lightly browned on each side.
- 4Add each batch of mushroom and sausage to a large bowl until the other components are ready.
- 5Pour the sauces into a sauce pot, add the red pepper flakes, and heat over medium heat, stirring often, until bubbling.
- 6Add the meat, mushrooms, and olives to the sauce. Stir frequently until bubbling again.
- 7Place drained pasta in pasta bowls, and ladle sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Mushrooms With Pasta in Spicy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.0
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 1521.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ragu cheese sauce