Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is actually a recipe I came up with for the Weight Watcher's diet. It's a version of one of my favorite types of dishes at Italian restaurants. To keep the WW points at 7 per serving, you should stick to the brands I list, as they are the lowest calorie counts I could find. This recipe makes 7 servings at 7 points per serving. Careful with the pepper flakes--a little goes a long way! Note: the nutrition information listed on the side of the recipe is probably inaccurate; this really is 7 points.
- 26 ounces lovera's spaghetti sauce (25 calories per serving)
- 16 ounces Ragu cheese sauce (Cheesy Parmesan & Mozzarella)
- 14 ounces healthy choice smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced black olives
- 12 ounces barilla plus pasta, such as elbows
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to instructions on package.
- Saute mushrooms in non-stick skillet using Pam spray or equivalent. You'll probably have to do this in batches. Sprinkle a tiny pinch of nutmeg on the mushrooms while cooking.
- In another skillet, concurrently saute the sausage slices until lightly browned on each side.
- Add each batch of mushroom and sausage to a large bowl until the other components are ready.
- Pour the sauces into a sauce pot, add the red pepper flakes, and heat over medium heat, stirring often, until bubbling.
- Add the meat, mushrooms, and olives to the sauce. Stir frequently until bubbling again.
- Place drained pasta in pasta bowls, and ladle sauce over the top.
Delicious recipe. Could not find loveras brand sauce so I subbed organic sauce for that. Also opted to use organic smoked sausage. Served with barilla plus brand ziti noodles. It was very very good. I added quite a bit of red pepper flakes as I like things a bit hot. The flavors all went really well together and it was easy to make too. Thanks for sharing