Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This hearty sauce is quick to prepare and satisfying to eat! From the kitchen of one of my favorite Chefs Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia cooking show. This sauce makes enough for 1/2 lb. pasta.
Top Review by MichelleOnTheLake
So simple to prepare and exceptional flavor with each bite. Mary Ann you've done it again! Served up with some nice Italian bread, me and my family enjoyed it very much!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms, beech, button, cremini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb cooked fettuccine (plain or combination of plain and spinach)
- 1 cup light cream, kept warm
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, and cook the garlic until it is soft.
- Stir in the mushrooms, and cook them until softened.
- Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, and set aside.
- Brown the pork sausage in the same skillet, breaking it up with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, and mix ingredients well.
- Stir the cooked fettucine into the skillet with the sausage mixture.
- Stir in the cream and cheese, and mix everything quickly over med-high heat to blend.
- Serve immediately.