Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty sauce is quick to prepare and satisfying to eat! From the kitchen of one of my favorite Chefs Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia cooking show. This sauce makes enough for 1/2 lb. pasta.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mixed mushrooms, beech, button, cremini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb cooked fettuccine (plain or combination of plain and spinach)
- 1 cup light cream, kept warm
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, and cook the garlic until it is soft.
- Stir in the mushrooms, and cook them until softened.
- Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, and set aside.
- Brown the pork sausage in the same skillet, breaking it up with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, and mix ingredients well.
- Stir the cooked fettucine into the skillet with the sausage mixture.
- Stir in the cream and cheese, and mix everything quickly over med-high heat to blend.
- Serve immediately.
So simple to prepare and exceptional flavor with each bite. Mary Ann you've done it again! Served up with some nice Italian bread, me and my family enjoyed it very much!
Made this today for a delicious lunch. I doubled the garlic (love garlic!), added a minced onion and some thyme, and used a low-fat cream (not sure if that's what was meant by light cream; perhaps that just means runny as opposed to thickened cream?) Anyway, it was a thin low-fat cream that I used! After the sausages were cooked, I removed them briefly from the pan, chopped them into bite size pieces and then returned the pieces and cooked them for probably another minute before returning the mushrooms, onion and garlic to the pan. Thank you for sharing an easy and delicious recipe, Linda! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.