Creamy, hearty meal. Side with a simple salad.
Make and share this Sausage and Mushroom Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, reduced sodium (you may not need all of it)
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed (I use hot variety)
- 1⁄2 lb baby bella mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- herbs, your choice (I even like plain without, but rosemary, thyme for example are good)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a small saucepan simmer broth.
- Use medium pot. On medium heat add olive oil to heat; brown meat while breaking up sausage, add onions. When about half way done add mushrooms and saute until soft. Stir in risotto.
- Add one ladle full of broth. Stir. Add herbs if using. Reduce heat to simmer. As risotto absorbs broth continue adding one ladle full at a time while stirring. This should take about 35-45 minutes. When a creamy consistency is reached and risotto is cooked (taste), remove from heat. Stir in cheese.