Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"The mustard cream sauce goes really well with the meaty sausages. Pasta shapes such as penne, conchigliette, fusilli or other shapes that hold sauces well will suit this dish. A scatter of fresh herbs such as basil or chives lifts the cream sauce a little." I found this on www.soyandpepper.com. Sounds delicious and filling for a nice winter meal, but I have yet to try it.
- 340.19 g penne pasta, 2 portions (or other pasta shapes)
- 4 sausages
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 stalk spring onions, sliced into 1 inch sections
- 4-5 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 7.39 ml coarse grain mustard
- 200 ml single cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese (optional)
- 29.58 ml basil leaves (optional)
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of their casings and shape into small meatballs. Heat some oil in a heavy based pan and brown the meatballs all over until just cooked. (Another method, which is what I have done, is to cook the whole sausages on the grill or fry them in a pan until cooked, and then slice them up.) Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water until al dente, according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large heavy based pan and add the garlic and spring onions and cook over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and sautee till cooked.
- Add the sausages, mustard and cream and simmer until the sauce is reduced. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the mustard cream sauce. Mix well.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese if using.
- Dish up onto plates, scatter over basil leaves and serve immediately.
Awesome! I madeinir changes due to what I had on hand but a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!!