1 hr 5 mins
Ginger's Place's Note:
Absolutely the best lasagna I have ever had. Whenever I am cooking for some one new, I start with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages baby bella mixed mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup dry red wine (have successfully substituted water)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars marinara sauce (I use Newman's Own)
- 2 (9 ounce) packages no-boil lasagna noodles (huge time saver)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) bags Italian cheese blend
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large pot. Add mushrooms, onion, and seasoning blend; saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add sausage and saute until brown and cook through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add wine; cook until almost all liquid evaporates, scraping up brown bits, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 6Spread 2/3 cup marinara over bottom of a 13x9x2 baking dish. Spread a layer of noodles over sauce. Spread 1 cup of sauce over noodles.
- 7Top with 1/3 cup ricotta, then 1 cup grated Italian cheese.
- 8Spoon 1/3 of sausage mixture over cheese layer.
- 9Repeat two more times. Sauce, noodles, ricotta, cheese, sausage.
- 10Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes; remove foil and bake until top browns (broiler works well too). Let stand for 15 minutes.Freezes well.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Mushroom Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.5
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.5 mg
- Sodium 1776.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
no-boil lasagna noodles
Italian cheese blend