Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from "Woman's World" magazine, January 24, 2006. It is a great variation to regular lasagna. Great for potluck or church get togethers.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved, sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jarsausage marinara sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, and nutmeg in a bowl. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add sausage. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook about 10 minutes or until sausage is not pink. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in think layer over bottom of baking dish.
- Top with noodles, each overlapping.
- Drop half of ricotta mixture by spoonfuls over noodles; spread.
- Top with half of sausage mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Spread with 1 cup sauce. Repeat with 4 noodles, remaining ricotta and sausage mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup sauce. Top with remaining noodles, sauce, and mozzarella.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until light brown and bubbly. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
This is the best lasagna I have ever made and eaten. My husband and 7 year old daughter ask for it all the time.