Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Creamy, rich and filling. Serve this with a nice green salad and a big loaf of garlic bread. My little girl absolutely loves this. The bonus is: you can have this on the table in about 30 minutes.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great pasta dish and so quick and easy to make! I made a few minor changes, none that I think really changed the flavor...I used red peppers instead of green (personal preference), shallot instead of onion and crimini mushrooms that I cut in half so they were still big enough for DH to pick out. The sauce was simple and very flavorful. The mild sausage gave it a nice flavor without being spicy. I would make this again! Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 12 ounces bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite); keep warm.
- For sauce, in a large skillet cook sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic until sausage is brown. Drain fat.
- Stir whipping cream and basil into sausage mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the sausage mixture over pasta.