1/1 Photo of Sausage and Mostaccioli With Rich Cream Sauce
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
Creamy, rich and filling. Serve this with a nice green salad and a big loaf of garlic bread. My little girl absolutely loves this. The bonus is: you can have this on the table in about 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 12 ounces bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente (firm to the bite); keep warm.
- 2For sauce, in a large skillet cook sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic until sausage is brown. Drain fat.
- 3Stir whipping cream and basil into sausage mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 4Spoon the sausage mixture over pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Mostaccioli With Rich Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.9
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 158.7 mg
- Sodium 717.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g