Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my mom's recipes that I've tweeked over the years, but it's just as tasty as ever!
- 1 (14 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (5 ounce) can vienna sausages, chicken, drained
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare macaroni & cheese according to box directions.
- Meantime, steam & quarter green beans.
- Spoon macaroni & cheese around edge of 8 inch pie plate.
- Mix cooked beans & mustard, then place them in center of macaroni.
- Arrange sausages on top of macaroni, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Getting over colds, we chose this recipe for it's easy cooking. A box of this, can of that, etc. I put the vienna sausages on only one side of the dish as I don't care for them. The green beans (we used canned) were nicely flavored with the mustard. And the parmesan cheese sprinkled over top added a nice flair as well.
I wanted to try a dish that my son could make by himself, and this was a great one. He loves mac & cheese, and I was sure he'd like the vienna sausages. I even taught him how to steam the beans. Michael not only liked it, but my husband and I did as well. Comfort food with some little "extras". The sausage was great in this, and the mustard and Parmesan, well they added a different touch that made this easy dish taste even better. Thanks -- my 11-year-old said he wants to make this again next week!
Nice presentation to a easy to make dinner. I did use canned beans,and added a little butter to the beans, but a good all around recipe that we enjoyed. Plan on saving this. I think this would be a great dinner too, for unexpected company. Made for PRMR tag.