Recipe by Polish Chick
This comfort food is a wonderful soup for either family or company. Smoked sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and lentils all come together to delight the taste buds.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Comfort food at its best! Loved every single ingredient in this soup and would not change a thing! All you need is some good crusty bread to go with it. Will definitely keep this soup recipe handy. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.
- 453.59 g smoked sausage
- 453.59 g lentils (I like French lentils)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 1419.54 ml water
- 59.14 ml Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 255.14 g bagfresh Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute sausage and mushrooms in the olive oil until mushrooms are tender.
- Add chicken stock, water, Bragg's( or soy sauce), and lentils.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add spinach.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for an hour.
- Add more water if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (you may not need salt if you use soy sauce).
- You can sprinkle cheese over soup to serve if desired.