Perfect for a cold and snowy day! This is a quick hearty soup that's got a nice almost creamy broth, but without the cream. Serve it with a crusty bread and there is nothing better for a quick week night meal. Adapted from Martha Stewart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces chicken sausage, cut into 1/2-inch half slices
- 1 1/2 lbs waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks (about 5 medium)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch about 12 ounces kale, stemmed and shredded
- 1In a large pot, heat oil over medium.
- 2Add onion and sliced sausage; cook until onions are soft and sausage is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant.
- 3Add the potatoes and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 4Stir in the kale and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until kale is wilted and potatoes are done.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Kale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 1005.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g