Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made with Soysage, this is an amalgamation of a couple of different recipes to make an easy, fast vegetarian main course. I use Lightlife Smart Sausages - Italian Style. Note, recipe does use butter and cheese so it is not vegan. Also, feel free to adjust spices to your liking.
- 226.79 g dried whole wheat pasta
- 1 bunch fresh kale, base of stems removed and finely chopped
- 340.19 g package vegetarian sausages
- 29.58 ml cooking oil, divided
- 44.37 ml butter, divided
- 78.07 ml carrot, peeled and diced
- 78.07 ml green pepper, diced
- 78.07 ml onion, diced
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 29.58 ml cooking sherry or 29.58 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and put aside, keeping warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoons Oil and 1 tablespoons Butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook Sausage, moving frequently, until well browned.
- Remove Sausage from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoons Oil to pan.
- Saute Carrots, Green Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper for 5-8 minutes or until onion becomes semi-translucent.
- While veggies are cooking, slice Sausages into rounds.
- Add Sausage rounds for last minute of veggies.
- Add 2 tablespoons Butter.
- Add chopped Kale and saute for 2-3 minutes or until Kale takes on a nice deep green color (Do Not Cook Until Wilted!).
- Add Vegetable Broth and Sherry or White Wine.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to low.
- Add Pasta.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve while hot.