Made with Soysage, this is an amalgamation of a couple of different recipes to make an easy, fast vegetarian main course. I use Lightlife Smart Sausages - Italian Style. Note, recipe does use butter and cheese so it is not vegan. Also, feel free to adjust spices to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat pasta
- 1 bunch fresh kale, base of stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian sausages
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package instructions and put aside, keeping warm.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoons Oil and 1 tablespoons Butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- 3Cook Sausage, moving frequently, until well browned.
- 4Remove Sausage from pan.
- 5Add 1 tablespoons Oil to pan.
- 6Saute Carrots, Green Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper for 5-8 minutes or until onion becomes semi-translucent.
- 7While veggies are cooking, slice Sausages into rounds.
- 8Add Sausage rounds for last minute of veggies.
- 9Add 2 tablespoons Butter.
- 10Add chopped Kale and saute for 2-3 minutes or until Kale takes on a nice deep green color (Do Not Cook Until Wilted!).
- 11Add Vegetable Broth and Sherry or White Wine.
- 12Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 13Remove lid, reduce heat to low.
- 14Add Pasta.
- 15Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until cheese is slightly melted.
- 16Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Kale Pasta (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.1
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 1173.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: