Recipe by Shylocke
Made with Soysage, this is an amalgamation of a couple of different recipes to make an easy, fast vegetarian main course. I use Lightlife Smart Sausages - Italian Style. Note, recipe does use butter and cheese so it is not vegan. Also, feel free to adjust spices to your liking.
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat pasta
- 1 bunch fresh kale, base of stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian sausages
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and put aside, keeping warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoons Oil and 1 tablespoons Butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Cook Sausage, moving frequently, until well browned.
- Remove Sausage from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoons Oil to pan.
- Saute Carrots, Green Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper for 5-8 minutes or until onion becomes semi-translucent.
- While veggies are cooking, slice Sausages into rounds.
- Add Sausage rounds for last minute of veggies.
- Add 2 tablespoons Butter.
- Add chopped Kale and saute for 2-3 minutes or until Kale takes on a nice deep green color (Do Not Cook Until Wilted!).
- Add Vegetable Broth and Sherry or White Wine.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid, reduce heat to low.
- Add Pasta.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve while hot.