Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Total artery clogger. That is why we love it. This is one of the things I serve when my house is full of family at the holidays.
- 2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) carton French onion dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large fry pan, crumble and cook sausage until thoroughly browned.
- Drain grease out of pan, then further drain sausage on paper towel lined plate.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 3/4 cup cheese and the next 7 ingredients.
- Add potatoes and fold in gently.
- Spread half of potato mixture into a greased shallow 3-quart casserole dish.
- Top with sausage then remaining potatoe mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until heated through and bubbly.
This is a wonderful recipe. I even mixed all the ingredients together in a bowl, and then transfered it to a crock pot. Cooked on High for 4 hours, and it turned out perfectly. Next time I plan to cut the sausage in half, use Healthy request soup, and the lite cheese.
This was easy to make. I did not change anything on your recipe. But I did put it into a 9x13-inch cake pan. I don't think it would of fit into a 3 quart dish. I sprinkled the remaining cheese on top during that last 10-15 minutes of baking. Thanks this was great!
You are right , totally artery clogging !!! Totally GOOD too !! I left the sausage out and just used this like a side dish and it was GREAT!! Next time I will try it with the sausage . It will be a great addition to a brunch!