Recipe by greengirl512
Really good soup, cooks quickly. My boyfriend requests it weekly. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread. The recipe says Cajun sausage, but it works just as well with any kind of smoked sausage, including turkey. Just add extra Cajun seasoning to taste.
Top Review by kfreekave
This is a very good recipe. I followed the instructions as written but let it cook on med-low for a couple of hours. I try to do this with all of my soups just because the flavors infuse more.
- 6 ounces cajun-style smoked sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups spinach or 5 cups kale
- salt and pepper
- cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces,and cook over the stove in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning to taste.
- Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add diced tomatoes, simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add greens, and cook over medium-low heat until tender.
- add beans, and cook until heated through.