Recipe by loof
A tasty casserole with a bread-stick crust!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This was a nice change for me ~ don't remember the last time I used a turkey sausage in anything! I'm becoming more & more a fan of bottomless crust pies! This is VERY TASTY & takes no time at all to put together! Wonderful! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage (removed from casing)
- 2 cups sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce (alfredo with sundried tomatoes, I use Classico brand)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add sausage and crumble. Saute over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add pasta sauce, water, and peas and bring to a boil.
- Pour into a pie plate.
- Unroll and separate breadsticks. Place 6 of the breadsticks across the pie plate over the sausage mixture, twisting each one and spacing evenly. Place the remaining 6 breadsticks over the first in the opposite direction, creating a lattice pattern. Trim ends if needed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.