Top Review by Annacia
I'm not staring this recipe because I used it as a base idea and then turned it into healthy biscuits and gravy. I made the gravy using the milks, onion flakes, garlic powder, marjoram, flour, salt and pepper. When the gravy was almost ready I added Yves Ground Round (veggie meat). I did need to add a tsp of cornstarch to get it to my desired thickness. This made a delicious brekkie that was easy and quick to make. It was wonderful to have "back home" food without all the fat and calories.
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey (99% lean)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 1 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground turkey and spices together and let sit in fridge overnight for flavors to meld.
- Brown meat mixture in a large fry pan. Once brown, sprinkle with flour. Stir in milk and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and simmer till desired thickness.
- Serve with your favorite reduced fat biscuits, toast, rice or noodles.