Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
McDonald's has McGriddles and Burger King has their breakfast sandwiches, so I thought "Why shouldn't I have my own creation?" This is what I came up with. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to change the type of meat, if desired. Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 16th, 2006.
- 4 toaster waffles, toasted (I used 4 waffles from Grandma's Buttermilk Waffles, which I had previously frozen)
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, made into 2 patties (any flavor)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Toast waffles (butter if desired).
- Fry sausage patties until desired doneness is reached.
- Scramble eggs until slightly "dry".
- Assemble "sandwich" in this order: waffle butter side up (if buttered), half of the scrambled egg, sausage patty (or other meat), second waffle, buttered side (if buttered) on sausage patty.
This was pretty good! My DH loves McGriddles so I wanted to find a way to try to duplicate them at home. It didn't taste EXACTLY the same, but was close. I used toaster pancakes instead of waffles and put a slice of American cheese on it, then warmed it up in the microwave just enough to melt the cheese. I wouldn't make it every night, but it is definitely worth trying again!
Oh Shapeweaver, this was so good and fun. I used bacon, egg and American cheese (gross, I know). The DH dipped his in ketchup, but I liked mine with maple syrup (even grosser?) Anyway, thanks so much for posting, great idea!