Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
McDonald's has McGriddles and Burger King has their breakfast sandwiches, so I thought "Why shouldn't I have my own creation?" This is what I came up with. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to change the type of meat, if desired. Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 16th, 2006.
Top Review by amylou2
This was pretty good! My DH loves McGriddles so I wanted to find a way to try to duplicate them at home. It didn't taste EXACTLY the same, but was close. I used toaster pancakes instead of waffles and put a slice of American cheese on it, then warmed it up in the microwave just enough to melt the cheese. I wouldn't make it every night, but it is definitely worth trying again!
- 4 toaster waffles, toasted (I used 4 waffles from Grandma's Buttermilk Waffles, which I had previously frozen)
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, made into 2 patties (any flavor)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast waffles (butter if desired).
- Fry sausage patties until desired doneness is reached.
- Scramble eggs until slightly "dry".
- Assemble "sandwich" in this order: waffle butter side up (if buttered), half of the scrambled egg, sausage patty (or other meat), second waffle, buttered side (if buttered) on sausage patty.