Recipe by Mille®
This sort-of-souffle is a great potluck breakfast/brunch dish. It's also convenient when you need to provide breakfast for guests, because you can prepare it the night before and then just pop it in the oven in the morning.
- 1 lb ground sausage (hot or mild)
- 2 slices white bread, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown sausage, breaking up lumps; drain.
- In a 2-quart casserole, layer sausage, bread, and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with remaining ingredients, and then pour over sausage mixture in casserole dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until firm and golden on top.