Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Vicki Meyers from Castalia, Ohio says, "Using turkey sausage, fat-free cheddar cheese, egg substitute and reduced-fat crescent rolls really helped cut calories and fat in this delicious recipe." From Taste of Home's Good Food for Kids! Cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1⁄2 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place on an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 375ºF for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the potatoes, garlic salt and pepper over medium heat until browned.
- Sprinkle the sausage mixture over the crust. Layer with potatoes, onions, red pepper and cheese; pour the egg substitute over the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until egg is set and cheese is melted.