Recipe by chefmick
the dill gives it a surprising flavor at breakfast. I use white bread, but any type of bread will do fine. makes morning easy if you prep the night before.
- 7 slices bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 8 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan. tear the bread up into small pieces and lay in bottom of pan.
- sprinkle half of the dill and onion onto top of bread.
- lay meat on top of onion and dill. sprinkle rest of onion and dill over meat.
- in bowl mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- pour over meat and bread. either cover and refrigerate overnight or let sit for about 10 minutes for liquid to saturate bread.
- bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 - 40 minutes or until eggs are done.