Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummmy Sausage Cream Cheese Tex Mix kind of dip. Goes great with Tostito's Scoops. I call this "Brad's Dip" because I got the recipe from a guy at work. He always brought this to our Pot-Luck lunches, and it was always one of the first things to go.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Frito Scoops
- Brown Sausauge and Drain.
- While sausage is browing, cut Cream Cheese in to small chunks, and melt over low heat. Watch close to make sure it doesn't burn or stick.
- Once cream cheese is melted, add Rotel tomatoes and drained sausage.
- Cook over low heat until it thickens up.
- Serve with Tostito's Scoops.
- You can adjust heat factor by using hot sausage and/or Rotels.
Seems like a somewhat gross combination, but this really is a good dip. It always goes well at parties, even after people give you a weird look while listing the ingredients :) I always make this with Morningstar Farms Breakfast Patties (microwaved until soft and then chopped). Vegetarians and meat-eaters both love it.
I made this for a potluck at work yesterday. I made it as written. I used Bob Evans regular sausage. This fit exactly in my 1 quart crock pot. I browned everything on the stove and then transfered it to my crock pot to keep warm. I did not drain my tomatoes, so at first it looked a little runny. But after a while it thickened. Thank you for posting your recipe. It was a big hit.
Love this stuff. I brown the sausage (Jimmy Dean Hot), throw everything in the crockpot on low and give it a stir every now and then.