Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
The perfect side dish to your unstuffed turkey. Before serving, sprinkle the top with a few dried cranberries.
- 8 cups French bread, 3/4 inch cubes and lightly packed
- 1 lb bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350º and spray a 13x9 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add sausage mixture, sage and cranberries to baking dish and lightly mix with bread cubes.
- In medium bowl, beat broth, milk and eggs with whisk until well mixed and pour over bread and stir gently to soak all cubes in milk mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours ~ no longer.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown.