My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove center vein of cabbage leaves, keeping each leaf in one piece.
- 2Place leaves in a shallow baking dish.
- 3Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- 4Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 1 to 3 minutes or till leaves are limp.
- 5Stir together egg, 1/4 cup of the chopped apple, stuffing mix and 1 T apple juice or cider.
- 6Add sausage; mix well.
- 7Divide meat mixture into two equal protions.
- 8Place one portion of meat mixture on each cabbage leaf.
- 9Fold in sides.
- 10Starting at unfloded edge, roll up each leaf, making sure folded edges are included in roll.
- 11Arrange rolls in a shallow baking dish.
- 12Pour water over rolls.
- 13Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- 14Micro-cook, covered, at 100% of power for 9 to 10 minutes or till the meat is done, rotating the dish a half-turn after 5 minutes.
- 15Transfer rolls to a plate.
- 16Cover and keep warm.
- 17For sauce, in a 1-cup measure stir together 3 T apple juice or cider, cornstarch, and instant beef bouillon granules.
- 18Stir in the remaining chopped apple.
- 19Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or till sauce is thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 20Spoon sauce atop cabbage rolls and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Cornbread Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 292.5 mg
- Sodium 173.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix