Recipe by Little Red Bug
This is one of our favorite fall dishes. It's filling enough for a main course and tastes like you spent all day on it. But, it's fast to pull together. A no fail recipe.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb Polish sausage
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 3 -4 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, sliced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a soup pot until crispy. Remove bacon. Leave only 2 TBSP bacon grease in pot. Drain any extra grease.
- Brown the onions and sausage in the grease. Add potatoes and just enough water to cover them. Let boil until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add corn, chilies, pimentos, and half-and-half.
- Salt and pepper to taste.