Recipe by RedVinoGirl
This is a recipe I have not yet tried that I found on Cooking Light. Sounds like everything I would love in a recipe! It states you can use sweet turkey Italian Sausage if you don't like things spicy. I plan to serve this over spaghetti and linguine for a complete meal!
- cooking spray
- 453.59 g hot Italian turkey sausage
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29.58 ml madeira wine or 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1892.72 ml kale, chopped (about 10 ounces)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 396.89 g can fat-free chicken broth or 396.89 g can low sodium chicken broth
- 16 littleneck clams
- 439.41 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in chopped onion and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add Madeira; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- Add kale, salt, and chicken broth; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in clams and chickpeas; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.