This is a recipe I have not yet tried that I found on Cooking Light. Sounds like everything I would love in a recipe! It states you can use sweet turkey Italian Sausage if you don't like things spicy. I plan to serve this over spaghetti and linguine for a complete meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 8 cups kale, chopped (about 10 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 16 littleneck clams
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1Heat a Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 2Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 3Reduce heat to medium. Stir in chopped onion and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add Madeira; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates.
- 5Add kale, salt, and chicken broth; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in clams and chickpeas; cook, covered, 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Clams With Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 1951.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g