1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Bling Lady's Note:
These appetizers are a holiday tradition in our family. They take some time to assemble, but are well worth the work. They can also be made ahead and frozen until you are ready to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage in a large skillet.
- 2Break apart any large pieces, remove from skillet and drain thoroughly. Set aside. (I usually blot as much of the grease out as I can with paper towels).
- 3Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet and sauté onion until translucent. Be sure to scrape up any brown bits left from the sausage.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese.
- 5Cool and add sausage and swiss and cheddar cheeses. Mix well.
- 6Place one sheet Phyllo on a large cutting board and lightly brush with melted butter.
- 7Place second sheet Phyllo over the butter.
- 8Cut into 5-7 strips.
- 9Place approximately 1 teaspoon of sausage & cheese mixture at the end of each strip.
- 10Roll into a triangle shape.
- 11Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 12Place on ungreased cookie sheet and keep covered with plastic wrap until all triangles are completed.
- 13If you are freezing, place in an airtight container with waxed paper separating each layer.
- 14(OPTIONAL) Brush tops lightly with butter before baking.
- 15Bake at 400* for 8-10 minutes (10-12 minutes if frozen) or until tops are lightly brown.
- 16Cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Cheese Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (1524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g