Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious!! I used a sweet sausage which combines SO well with the pears, asparagus, and mushrooms! This is a Publix Aprons recipe, but I lost the card so I'm copying my friend's. PS, It won't look like enough liquid to cook the pasta, but it works. We had to cook things a little longer than the recipe says, but not by very much. Also, gorgonzola cheese is not my favorite, but it works PERFECTLY with this recipe!
- 2 bartlett pears
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 2 links Italian chicken sausage or 6 ounces Italian chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms (pre-sliced)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (9 ounce) package mushroom ravioli
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb butter
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Chop 1 pear coarsely (1 cup); coarsely grate remaining pear (1/2 cup).
- Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces, removing tough root end.
- Cut sausage into bite size pieces.
- Preheat large saute pan on Med-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in the pan, then add sausage and mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms and sausage have browned slightly. Add chopped pear; cook 1 more minute.
- Reduce heat on pan to Med. Stir in wine, grated pear, asparagus, and pasta; simmer 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender and wine has reduced by about two-thirds.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in butter and cheese until blended. Sprinkle with pepper if desired and serve.