Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Would make a great morning meal. Sausage, potatoes and cheese...
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cups potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, drained
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned. Drain off any drippings.
- Spread potatoes in greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Top with cooked sausage , cheese, green onions and chilies.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until frothy. Pour egg mix over sausage layer; bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes or until aggs are set.
Most Excellent recipe!! :) I didn't have any Italian sausage on hand so I used Seasoning for Ground Pork (Italian-Style Sausage). I also used more monterey jack cheese and some cheddar cheese. Didn't have any green chilies so I just omitted that. I used half whipping cream and half milk and after I took the casserole out of the oven... it looked and smelled so good that I forget to add the parmesan cheese. LOL It didn't hurt a thing cause my husband thought it was the best casserole he had in awhile. :) This will be one of the casseroles I will be sharing this year during fishing season. It was delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing dish! :)