1/3 Photos of Sausage and Cheese Egg Puffs
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
A great item to have at any brunch setting. These also work well for breakfast when you have overnight guests. Then reheat well to so you can make a batch on the weekend for the hectic mornings during the work week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled pork sausage, fully cooked and drained well
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- 2In same skillet brown and crumble the sausage. Drain well on paper towels.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses.
- 5Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture.
- 6Stir into dry ingredients along with, sausage crumbles, and mushroom mixture.
- 7Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 9Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup before removing.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Cheese Egg Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 201.9 mg
- Sodium 453.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.0 g