Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had a box of buttermilk biscuit mix and didn't want just plain biscuits. So after looking through the odds and ends in my "fridge",I came up with this recipe.If desired brush tops of "bites" with melted margarine or butter. My son who is known on here by "Cylopsmaster" came up with the name for this recipe.Submitted to "ZAAR" on June 26th,2008.
- 1 (8 ounce) box buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sage sausage
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While oven is heating, cook sausage over medium high heat, until lightly browned.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together biscuit mix and water, until well combined.
- Then add rest of ingredients, including drained sausage.
- At this point the mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown, if desired brush with melted butter.