Recipe by GinaT
A nice little bit size "sausage biscuit". Perfect for quick and the go breakfast or for a brunch table.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup trans fat free Crisco
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour with the salt, sugar, baking powder, and cream of tartar. Cut the shortening into this mixture. (If you have a stand-up mixer, do this with the whisk attachment).
- Once the shortening has been cut in and looks like thick eraser crumbles add the sausage and cheese. Mix until all of the cheese and flour mixture is incorporated. (Use the batter blade with the mixer).
- Form 1-inch size balls and cook at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
- These freeze well. I just pop them in the microwave to warm.