1 hr 30 mins
If you can purchase turkey Italian sausage, purchase one or two links to equal 4 oz. This is from "Feed 4 for less than $10" and this menu cost $6.39 - they have affordable, delicious meals which are perfect for today's economy! Cooking Light Magazine, October 2009 edition. They served it with sautéed zuchini: heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 T canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1 lb thinly sliced zucchini to: sauté 4 minutes or until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp MrsDash & 1/4 tsp or less of crushed red pepper flakes. Delicioso! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 314.66 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 0.59 ml salt (optional) or 0.59 ml mrsdash seasoning
- fresh ground white pepper (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 8 slice day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 oz slices)
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml chopped yellow onions
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 113.39 g turkey Italian sausage
- 59.14 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (3 oz)
- 1Combine first 5 ingredsients (ending with egg white) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 2Add bread, toss gently to coat.
- 3Let bread mixture stand 20 minutes (while you prepare the rest of recipes).
- 4Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 5Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 7Add onion to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add juice; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Remove casings from sausage.
- 10Crumble sausage into pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- 11Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- 12Add sausage mixture and cheese to bread mixture; stir well to combine.
- 13Spoon into an 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 14Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- 15Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.7
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 1252.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g