Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you can purchase turkey Italian sausage, purchase one or two links to equal 4 oz. This is from "Feed 4 for less than $10" and this menu cost $6.39 - they have affordable, delicious meals which are perfect for today's economy! Cooking Light Magazine, October 2009 edition. They served it with sautéed zuchini: heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 T canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1 lb thinly sliced zucchini to: sauté 4 minutes or until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp MrsDash & 1/4 tsp or less of crushed red pepper flakes. Delicioso! :)
- 314.66 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 0.59 ml salt (optional) or 0.59 ml mrsdash seasoning
- fresh ground white pepper (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 8 slice day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 oz slices)
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml chopped yellow onions
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 113.39 g turkey Italian sausage
- 59.14 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (3 oz)
- Combine first 5 ingredsients (ending with egg white) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Add bread, toss gently to coat.
- Let bread mixture stand 20 minutes (while you prepare the rest of recipes).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add juice; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Crumble sausage into pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add sausage mixture and cheese to bread mixture; stir well to combine.
- Spoon into an 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.