Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Wanted a substantial and healthy dinner for a cold night. Also wanted something where my hands were free to do bread and other cooking. Here is a different kind of stew recipe, little savory, little sweet. Enjoy it with a crusty bread and salad for a rounded meal.
Top Review by mimi10shoes
This looks so good. I now have it in my crock pot cooking on low. Will keep you posted. I tried to post , but did not go thew. So trying this again. This recipe was fantastic. It is a keeper. Will make it again. Hubby and I both enjoyed this recipe very much. Thanks so much for a wonderful recipe and Merry Christmas to all.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut up into slices (or use cooked italian sausage balls)
- 1⁄2 cabbage (head-cut into chunks)
- 6 cups beef broth (or use bouillon and water if needed)
- 1 apple (cored, skinned, cubed)
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tomatoes, cut up (or use a tomato sauce 1/2 c- this cuts some of grease from sausage)
- 1 cup green beans (optional)
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper