Recipe by amysfreeman
This recipe is like a low country boil. I made it as an easy weeknight dinner and for some friends of mine that do not like seafood.
Top Review by Ackos
Pulled a pkg of kielbasa out of the freezer, but didnt know what to do with it until i found this recipe. Had a hunk of cabbage in fridg, but no taters. So i used a can of beans and a handful of uncooked macaroni. Will definitely make again.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages reduced-fat kielbasa
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1 onion
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 8 small boiling potatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage into 1/2 rounds.
- finely chop cabbage into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces.
- cut onion in 1/2 then make medium slices.
- wash and quarter potatoes.
- Use petite diced tomatoes.
- Do not drain corn.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil. toss in sausage, onions and cabbage saute until tender. Add remainder of ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls.