Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This may have too much fat for some. If so, refrigerate and scoop off the fat.
- 2 sausages
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- Cut off the top quarter of the garlic, cover the exposed end with olive oil and kosher salt, put it in a ramikin cut side down and into a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the sausage into bite sized pieces and fry until brown and remove from heat.
- Melt the bacon fat at a high temp and flash fry the cabbage and mushrooms for about 1 minute.
- Put the cabbage, mushrooms, sausage, and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
- About this time, the garlic will be roasted.
- Remove garlic, allow to cool, and squeeze the cloves into the broth.
- After it comes to a boil, simmer for 30 minutes and serve.