Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty quick supper.
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium onion, into rings
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 lb cooked kielbasa
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- In 12in skillet,combine cabbage,potatoes,onion, and caraway.
- Top with sausage.
- In sm bowl mix juice,mustard, and beef granules.
- Pour over sausage.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Tried for supper and enjoyed the caraway seed flavour . A good way to serve sausage.
Good "peasant" food -- filling, inexpensive and easy to make. Also delicious.
Really delicious. I used beer instead of apple juice. As much as I like kielbasa & saurkraut, I thought this was even better, more flavorful, more subtle. Delicous the next day, too, when the flavors have a chance to develop further.