Recipe by chris_tam
Walmart Family 2005 Cookbook.
Top Review by KatKerz
I would make this again! I used chicken sausage, a can of Ro-tel("mild",tomatoes/green chilies), & frozen corn without the peppers. Sprinkled cheddar cheese on top since thats all I had. Like the previous reviewer, we're garlic lovers, so I added 2 cloves minced garlic. Yum.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces success boil in bag instant brown rice (2 bags)
- 16 -19 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 10 ounces whole kernel corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, in large nonstick skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently to break up sausage. Remove sausage from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm. Drain excess fat from skillet.
- In same skillet cook onion for 2 minutes. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, corn sausage and cooked rice. Heat through. To serve, sprinkle with cheese.
- Serves 6 to 8.