Recipe by julieriesselmantt
This is similar to Olive Garden's soup, but with broccoli instead of kale. You can use any kind of sausage you like Italian, regular or turkey.
- 1 lb sausage
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook sausage until no longer pink. About 6-8 minutes.
- Drain sausage well on paper towels and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, mix potatoes, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, broth and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce eat to low and cook uncovered about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage, broccoli and beans and cook until potatoes are tender - about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and cook until just heated.