Chef #638264's Note:
This is similar to Olive Garden's soup, but with broccoli instead of kale. You can use any kind of sausage you like Italian, regular or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sausage
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook sausage until no longer pink. About 6-8 minutes.
- 2Drain sausage well on paper towels and set aside.
- 3In the same saucepan, mix potatoes, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, broth and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce eat to low and cook uncovered about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in sausage, broccoli and beans and cook until potatoes are tender - about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Stir in half and half and cook until just heated.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 822.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: