After making "Tony Luke's" Roast Pork Sandwich so many times, I thought I'd come up with something to try to top it as far as my family was concerned, well this did the trick! For the pasta, use something substantial, like a GOOD oriccheti, or frozen cavetelli. (p.s. this recipe doubles or triples easily for crowds... and it is a CROWD PLEASER!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring two large pots of salted water to a boil.
- 2While the water is heating, remove sausage from casings (if you can't find Italian sausage bulk)heat a large frying pan over medium heat and place sausage in the pan, breaking into bite sized pieces while cooking.
- 3Cook sausage till nicely browned, (reserve).
- 4Cut off stems from Broccoli Rabe and place in boiling water.
- 5Boil your pasta of choice only cut back on time from the package directions by 1-2 minutes.
- 6Thinly slice 1-2 cloves of garlic, and place in a small sauce pan with the olive oil (and pepper flakes if desired).
- 7Cook garlic till lightly toasted (be careful! Don't burn it).
- 8When broccoli rabe is tender resesrve about 1 cup of the cooking liquid and drain the broccoli.
- 9Use the cooking liquid from the broccoli rabe to deglaze the frying pan with the sausage.
- 10Return the drained broccoli to the pot, add the sausage and the cooked pasta.
- 11Add Olive oil with garlic and the cheese and toss together.
- 12simmer all ingredients together for about 1-2 minutes (to allow flavors to marry).
- 13serve with extra cheese for sprinkling.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Broccoli Rabe' over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.9
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 1057.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: