Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy dinner and one of my husbands favorites.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small yellow squash
- Slice garlic and add to pan in olive oil.
- Cook about one minute.
- Cut sausage in bite size pieces and add to garlic.
- Cover with water.
- Cook with a lid but not completely covered.
- Add basil.
- Cook over medium heat until sausage is fully cooked.
- Do not let all the water boil out of the pan.
- Boil water in seperate pot.
- Add bows and salt.
- Cook according to package diretions.
- Add squash to sausage the last few minutes of cooking so they are still firm.
- (probably about 5 minutes) Spoon sausage mixture over bows, serve with salad and nice European crusty bread.
- You can't go wrong with wine.
I added some diced red peppers and alfredo sauce to this recipe and thought that it was delicious!
Good ingredients, but way too dry! This can be easily fixed with some olive oil. And for garlic lovers, as with everything, increase the garlic amount. Different sausage flavors are good too.