Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good pasta recipe that can be whipped up quickly on those busy nights when the kids have activities. When I have more time, I use fresh chopped tomatoes. The sausage is easier to slice if you stick it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes to firm it up a bit. Cook time includes pasta cooking time.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes or 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook bowtie pasta according to package directions; drain- do NOT rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over med-high heat, brown sausage; drain if necessary.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add oil, garlic, onion, green pepper, tomatoes and oregano to skillet with sausage and sautee and stir for about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked hot pasta and toss around to coat and heat through.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve.
This was a quick and easy lunch and a great way to use up some turkey sausage that I had from last night's grilled pizzas. I could see how this recipe could be a kid-pleaser. I have plenty of leftovers for DH's and my lunch tomorrow. Thanks. Made for ZWT7
We really liked this dish; the flavours mixed together nicely and it was quick to make. I used turkey sausages and cut back the recipe back by 1/3 and there was still a generous serving for 4 people. I used the fresh tomato option which I loved because I like pasta dishes that are not too saucy. Made for ZWT & by Food.Commadoes
I prepared this recipe tonight, it was pretty good, my kids LOVED it, but I felt it needed something like some more salt, but I am a salt lover. Will definitely make this again, a great quick family pleasing meal!!