Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Italian-style spinach and pasta dish is simple and delicious.
- 1 lb hot Italian chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the bow-tie pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove 1 cup pasta liquid to thin sauce. Drain and return to the pot along with the spinach; keep warm over medium-low heat.
- While the pasta cooks, place the sliced sausage links onto a fry pan, and cook until the sausage is crispy on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, about 8 minutes. Stirring the sausage as it cooks. Remove from pan and drain excess oil.
- In the same pan, add the olive oil over medium heat, stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic softens, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Alfredo sauce, wine and black pepper and cooked sausage. then bring to a simmer over medium-high heat for 15 minutes. Thin sauce to desired consistency with reserved pasta water.
- Pour the sauce into the pasta and spinach pot. Stir until the pasta is hot and well coated with the sauce.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.