This is another easy recipe. I use hot dogs in this a lot or you can use smoked sausage if you wish. A very hearty meal, perfect main course for the winter served with some biscuits and a salad! You can easily double this to feed more people.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour baked beans into a lightly greased 11x7 inch casserole dish.
- Slice hot dogs or sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Chop onion.
- Stir the ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper into beans in pan.
- Gently stir in hot dogs and onion.
- Melt the butter and mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Place buttered bread crumbs on top of bean mixture and smooth over top with a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and hot.
I made this for mine and SO's dinner on 4/27/08.Instead of baking the whole thing in the oven, I browned the sausage and onion in cast iron skillet then added the rest of the ingredients.Then placed it in the oven which I preheated. It was a little bland,the breadcrumbs seemed to downgrade this. It wasn't as tasty as we thought it was going to be. Thank you for posting anyway."Keep Smiling :)"